Friday, April 21, 2006

Need the right frame of mind!


Most people think I'm in a psychotic frame of mind for even thinking about doing this adventure race after this injury on Tuesday. No matter. I know my body and even more importantly, I know how I react to things that I know I could've or should've done. Regrets are to be avoided at all costs to me and I never have regrets about physical injuries to myself. Anyway, what I need to do is to put myself in the correct frame of mind so that I'm not pushing TOO hard nor am I expecting too much out of my injured self for this race on Sunday. Let's hope that the physical toll I'll pay for DOING this one is less than the mental/emotional I paid for NOT doing another one some time ago. (long story)

2 comments:

onepinkfuzzy said...

Nah, you're not crazy, just passionately inspired!

Have fun, and good luck!

Ben, aka BadBen said...

I run with the guy. Believe me, he's nuts!