Friday, March 03, 2006

Playing in the Garden of Eden, UT


Just got back from skiing out in Utah. Went to see an old friend and made some new ones. Utah is a beautiful state and it always makes me wish I lived there or in CO. Being such an outdoorsy person, I need to live somewhere that the land invites and promotes the kind of things I like to do and UT and CO are just that type of place.
This was a guys trip and it was Brian's first time in snow. He caught onto skiing right away and we all had a great time. We were able to hit Snow Basin, Brighton for two days, and finished up at Powder Mountain which was absolutely amazing! Powder Mountain is probably the best kept secret in the skiing world. Still relatively cheap lift tickets and has the largest land area for skiing in the United States. Yes, even bigger than Vail according to one of the mountain hosts.
Pics will follow soon!
Even though the legs got a decent workout while skiing, the rest of me went to mush. I drank WAYYY too much and ate all the wrong things so I'll have to work really hard to get it back into shape to resume my quest to get back into competitive form. Hopefully it won't take too long.

No comments: