Monday, January 22, 2007

Winter fun!

It's been a while since I've updated this. Mainly, because there hasn't been much that I've thought was noteworthy. Dr visits and time off have made me not want to blog because nobody wants to read complaints all the time and I didn't want to sound like I'm whining.
Anyway, The Dr said to take more time off and I have been. He also said to start taking NSAIDS and reluctantly, I have been.

This past weekend, I went down south to Yates Center, KS to visit Allison's cousin. We stayed with her on Friday night and Saturday morning, I drove 45 minutes over to Fall River, KS to help build some new trails at Fall River Lake State Park. It's a big beautiful park and will have some spectacular trails soon. We were only able to get about 4.5 miles of initial ground breaking work done when the weather forced us to quit early for safety reasons. The snow was really starting to pile up and not everyone had 4-wheel drive. That far out, the snow plows don't come around very often if at all!




























The snow continued to fall at about an inch per hour for the next several hours. Saturday night, I decided that I wanted to go out and play in the snow in the 4-runner. Allison doesn't like it when I drive like that so she decided to sit that one out, but her cousin was all for it! We drove up to a local school parking lot and did dough nuts with a couple of other kids out there. They were teenagers and here I am, a (supposed) grown-up and we were all slinging our cars around like toys and having a great time!

1 comment:

Caleb said...

Next time you wanna raise hell in the foul weather let me know, I'm a great co-pilot. Thanks for getting out there and building those trails, you represent us well!!!!