Thursday, October 12, 2006

Waiting and wondering...


Haven't been running for two full weeks now. I have an appointment to see an orthopedic Dr next week about my knee. Since my knee has been bothering me, I told myself and everyone else that after the last adventure race, I'd take about three weeks off to let it rest and heal and then get back to training. It's been two full weeks now and I'm not seeing (or feeling) much difference in it.
In my restlessness, I've been to the gym several times but only doing upper body. Hopefully, the Dr will give me a good (positive) diagnosis and I can get back to training in another week or two. I miss running with the group, but I also want to get out in the mild fall weather and enjoy the foliage and cooler temps before it gets COLD!
In the meantime, I'm doing my best to help the outdoor activities continue running. I helped out a little at the last Adv Race and will be helping a bit more for the next two weekends at other events. Saturday, I'll be doing course set up, marking, registration, and tear down among other things at a trail run and cyclo cross race in Lawrence, KS. Sunday, Kyle and I will marking the course out at Kill Creek for the run we're hosting on the 21st which is part of the Trail Nerds series races. I'll be helping run it, but won't be running IN it. It's nice to help out and do my part to make these things happen, but I'm really not much of a spectator. I'm more of a competitor!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what it is like when you have to stop doing something you enjoy as my knee effected me before and i couldn't go running with mates for a few weeks. Hope you feel better soon.

Unknown said...

Hope you feel better soon, GoodBen. I've been resting up this week after the KC Marathon. I didn't really have any problems afterwards, I'm just taking the week off to let things adjust, I'll probably get back into it tonight or sometime this weekend.

Take care of that knee, and we'll see you out there soon!

Caleb said...

Let me know what you find out about your knee. I'll be at the race this weekend!!!!!!! Let me know if you need any help!