Monday, August 21, 2006

Good Training weekend

I'm tired.

This weekend, had some good training for me. Took third place in my age group at the XTerra 10k on Saturday morning, helped out (didn't have to substitute/ride in) for a 12 hour mtn bike race that afternoon, ran with the group Sunday morning,(NASTY ticks) and then got in some riding with my AR teammate Shane. This week, I'll train a little on Tuesday night, but for the rest of the week, I think I'll just hit the gym for light work on weights and swim a little. I also REALLY NEED to start eating better. I've been reverting back to junk lately. Not sure, why, but it's taking a toll on my body. The next Adventure Race is this coming weekend on Sunday. It's just a little east of Des Moines, IA. I think we'll be ready.

1 comment:

Ben, aka BadBen said...

The "junk" has trickled back into my diet, also.
When I get back from my 100, my son and I are going to go whole hog on juicing, again. I haven't used my juicer in over 2 years. When I was making my homemade juice smoothies (for up to 2 meals/day), I felt MUCH better.