Sunday, June 14, 2009

Lately...

Leaky Bucket Fiscal Policy




















Well, training got derailed the past 2 weeks. It was going well until we left for NC. I was hoping that while in NC, I could at least get in some "maintenance" workouts even though that was during my building/strengthening phase, but that was not to be. I had one fun trail run with Sean and a couple of swims, but other than that, I got nothing but down time surrounded by Southern cooking. At least I didn't over do that part. Thankfully, I was able to eat sensibly during the trip(s).
While in NC for Allison's cousin's wedding, we found out that my Grandmother died. After the wedding, we changed our flights, rented a car, and drove down to Pensacola for her funeral. It wasn't really unexpected as she was 96 years old. She's lived a long and full life and died peacefully in her sleep with my Mom by her side.



















Rest in peace Gigi. I love you and we'll miss you.













We stayed in FL a few more days and visited with family a bit. Went to the beach, got a sunburn, went kayaking, and got in one decent run although it was on the road and sidewalks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a nice tribute to Gigi. You are a "Good Ben" without a doubt. Happy Fathers Day!