Wednesday, January 09, 2008

lately...

training hasn't been going very well. It's pretty much been non-existent. I've been running twice in the past 3 weeks and I'm feeling my fitness leaving me by the day. The lack of sleep, family visiting, and various other things have all been taking priority instead of getting in some exercise. That really needs to change.
Recently, I've been given a pair of the Salomon XT Wings to try out on the trails. The pair I have are very red and I like the sensifit lacing system initially. We'll see how they fare on some runs. They're also comfortable upon initial wearing, but once again, we'll have to put them to the trail running test.





























Allison and I were at the Columbia outlet the other day and noticed that they're carrying Montrail shoes now. We each picked up a pair of trail runners (not that we REALLY NEEDED them) for $10!!! That right, I said TEN (10) bucks! Couldn't pass that deal up! She picked up a pair of CTCs and I got another pair of the venerable Hardrocks.
The plan is to start back with low to moderate mileage within the next two weeks and gradually work my way up from there. I NEED to get back into it for several reasons. Not the least of which is my health. I've got a cold or sinus infection which has hung around for WAY too long and it's frustrating because I haven't been sick in over 2 years. I'm pretty sure it's due to the lack of exercise.














The hand is still healing ok I guess. Rehab is off and on and it's my fault for not being more on top of it. I just hope it's fully functional by spring time. The baby is starting to sleep a little better so I think I should be able to find some time and energy soon to get back on track.

3 comments:

Ben, aka BadBen said...

Ten buck Hardrocks? I might even wear those (to shovel snow in).

Happy trails,
Bad Ben

dirtdobber said...

Speaking for trail running. You coming back to KC for the Pshyco wyco?

Breeves2000 said...

Can't do it this year. With all that's going on, baby, upcoming trips, evolving work responsibilities, and lack of training, we're not able to make it for this Psycho Wyco. We're both planning on doing it next year though. Anyone know of somebody in KC that might want to get some good quality time in with Isabella for a few hours? :-)