Friday, May 12, 2006

Straining training

Ever since the race on Sunday, I've had a little soreness in the back of my right knee. Did a short 3.5 mile recovery run on Monday night and then went out on Tuesday night with the Trail Nerds in some muddy conditions. During the slippery run, I had a couple of mis-steps that I think may have torqued the knee slightly, but didn't feel any immediate pain and we were in a pretty decent groove at the time, so I didn't think anything about it. Once I got home, it started tightening up and hurting pretty bad and by Wednesday morning I had a hard time moving around. I could put weight on it, but it hurt to bend the leg (curl it upwards) and stairs were tough. Thursday morning, I went to see my Dr. and she said that she didn't think anything was torn, but she did think I have a pretty good strain of something. She said to rest and ice it for a few days and take it easy once I started back with the activity. TAKE IT EASY??? I have another adventure race coming up and need to train harder to get stronger. This is frustrating, but necessary for the long run I guess.

4 comments:

angie's pink fuzzy said...

yes TAKE IT EASY!!!!

If you don't, you run a very strong possibility of hurting it even more, thus keeping you from adventure training even longer! I learned that with my ITB. Boy, was that a toughie!

shliknik said...

You're getting old...admit it.

heheheheheh

ruth said...

shish, doctors, what do they know

Ben aka "Good Ben" said...

They know how to prescribe the drug of the month that's for sure! Thank you Pharmaceutical reps. a.k.a. legal drug pushers!